My next step was to test the mechanics of my current game design to check that the fun element was still included and that the gameplay worked. To do this I got 3 of my peers to play the game.
The game lasted around 20 minutes in total and I noted down the comments made during play and after the game had finished.
- Collecting tokens for each trait might be better than just one trait tray as this promotes well-rounded personality
- Could you trade off personality tokens with other players?
- Give everything bigger impact, instead of losing 1 token on power cards, lose half for example
- Add in risk to the game, could have other levels, these could have bigger rewards but more risk
- Maybe make number of tokens text larger to read easier
- Make trait spaces more obvious with use of colour
- Character Bolt not that obvious what trait it is, close to Competitive which is Solo
- Like the board shape and the way you can hop in and out of layers
- Give out power cards at the beginning as they get forgotten about otherwise in gameplay
- The game needs more negative as it ended too quickly, too easy to win
Now I have this feedback I am going to move onto creating 6.1, test this again and just keep going until I have the mechanics of the game down to a T.